Solid State Drive Warranty
If your Product was purchased as a component integrated within a system by a system manufacturer, no limited warranty is provided by amp Inc. Please contact the place of purchase or the system manufacturer directly for warranty service.
There are no warranties which extend beyond the face of the amp Inc limited warranty. amp Inc disclaims all other warranties, express or implied, regarding the products including any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or noninfringement. In the United States some states do not allow the exclusion of the implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
Return Material Authorization (RMA)
No Product may be returned directly to amp Inc without first contacting amp Inc for a Return Material Authorization (“RMA”) number. If it is determined that the Product may be defective, you will be given an RMA number and instructions for Product return. An unauthorized return, i.e. one for which an RMA number has not been issued, will be returned to you at your expense. Authorized returns are to be shipped prepaid and insured to the address on the RMA in an approved shipping container. amp Inc’s limited warranty provides that, subject to the following limitations, each Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship and will conform to amp Inc’s specification for the particular product.
Limitation of Remedies
Your exclusive remedy for any defective product is limited to the repair or replacement of the defective product. amp Inc may elect which remedy or combination of remedies to provide is its sole discretion. amp Inc shall have a reasonable time after determining that a defective Product exists to repair or replace a defective Product. amp Inc‘s warranty applies to repaired or replaced Products for the balance of the applicable period of the original warranty or ninety days from the date of shipment of a repaired or replaced Product, whichever is longer.
Limitation of Damages
amp Inc’s entire liability for any defective Product shall in no event exceed the purchase price for the defective product. This limitation applies even if amp Inc cannot or does not repair or replace Products for the balance of the applicable period of the original warranty or ninety days from the date of shipment of a repaired or replaced Product, whichever is longer.
No Consequential or Other Damages
Notwithstanding anything else in this policy or otherwise, amp Inc will not be liable with respect to the products under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory (I) for any amount in excess of the purchase price for the defective product or (II) for any general, consequential, punitive, incidental or special damages. These include loss of recorded data, interruption of use, the cost of recovery of lost data, lost profits and the cost of the installation or removal of any products, the installation of replacement products and any inspection, testing or redesign caused by any defect or by the repair or replacement of products arising from a defect in any product. This section does not limit liability for bodily injury of a person. In the United States, some states do not allow exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Your Use of the Product
amp Inc will have no liability for any Product returned if amp Inc determines that:
- The product was stolen from amp Inc.
- The asserted defect is not present
- Cannot reasonably be fixed because of damage occurring when the Product is in the possession of someone other than amp Inc
- It is attributable to misuse, improper installation, alteration (including removing or obliterating labels) and opening or removing external covers, unless authorized to do so by amp Inc, accident or mishandling while in the possession of someone other than amp Inc
- The product was not used in accordance with amp Inc specifications and instructions
- The product was not used for its intended function (for example, desktop SSD used in an Enterprise environment).
Additional Limitations on Warranty
amp Inc’s warranty does not cover Products which have been received improperly packaged, altered, or physically damaged. Products will be inspected upon receipt.
- Improperly packaged
- Non-qualified shipping container
- Counterfeit label(s)
- Customer added jumper wires
- Labels have been switched
- True amp Inc label on non-amp Inc drive
- True amp Inc label on different capacity amp Inc drive
- Labels exhibit tampering
- Label missing standard printing such as UL or capacity
- Missing barcode or top cover label
- No tape seal (non-authorized data recovery sticker)
- Broken pins on connector
- Connector(s) are damaged, cracked, missing or broken
- Cracked components on the circuit board
- Dented base casting
- Torn or punctured tape seal
- Dented top cover
- Deep scratch
- Loose, damaged, or missing screws
- Missing PCBA (Circuit Board) Scratch exposing copper trace
- Scratch exposing copper trace
SATAphere Client Series Two (2) years
SATAQuest Series Two (2) Years
SATAprime Series Two (2) Years
mSATA Series Two (2) years
Slim SATA Two (2) years
ATTENTION: Accelerated Memory Production, Inc are COTS – Commercial-Off-The-Shelf products; suitable for Commercial, Industrial and, where designated, Automotive Applications. amp Inc. products are not specifically designed for Military, Aviation, Aerospace, Life-dependent Medical applications or any application requiring high reliability where component failure could result in loss of life and/or property. For applications requiring high reliability and/or presenting an extreme operating environment, written consent and authorization from amp Inc is required. Please contact Accelerated Memory Production, Inc. for more information.